April was all over the place, though we got to spend a lot more time together than in March.
What did we do?
The month began with me in Austria teaching again, while Zab was in London continuing to renovate the kitchen in his house in order to sell it and working on his other projects. I then flew back to London just before the Easter break so we could attend the wedding of a school friend of mine, before travelling by train to visit my mother and her husband in the Cotswolds, a good friend in Bristol and my aunt, uncle and cousin in rural Wales. We then returned to London together and got ready to go back to Berlin.
What did we spend?
- Total spent for two people in April (30 days): £898.67
- Average per person per day: £14.98
The pie chart:
Again, as in March, there was no spending on accommodation in April, as when I was in Austria my employer covered my accommodation, then we were in London at Zab’s home or we were staying with friends and family. Transport instead was our largest expense, as it includes a couple of flights (Vienna to London for me, London to Berlin for both of us), train journeys (within Austria for me, and across England and Wales for both of us) and London transport.
We decided to add in a new category of Health and Fitness to cover things like yoga and pilates classes, though in future it may also include things like visits to the doctor and medicines. In April, it was all the former, and all Zab’s while in London.
Indefinite Adventure around the web
We had just a few guest appearances around the internet this past month, but they were a nice range.
- I contributed to an article by Agness about the coolest hostels from around the world, talking about a great place we stayed in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
- Jason asked me to put together something on the fascinating botanical gardens of Quito, which we visited with my mother and her husband back in October 2013.
- Our new blogger friends, Justin and Lauren interviewed us with some thoughtful questions.
On the Blog
- I explain why we’re planning to make Berlin our home…hopefully by the end of this year
- Yara put together this fascinating guest post on the Ayurvedic principles of nutrition
- As April was Stress Awareness Month, Zab and I compiled our best tips on how to reduce stress while travelling
- I reviewed a cute little restaurant by the Danube in Linz with some excellent vegan options
- There are many things I love about Austria, and just a few I don’t. Here they are.
- In our second guest post of the month, and second vegan guide, Lauren tells us how to eat vegan in her hometown of Toronto, Canada
How was your April?