What did we do in August?
At the beginning of the month, we did our very first housesit in Stockholm, Sweden for a week. After that, we came to London as I was teaching on a summer course at a university for two weeks and we spent the rest of the month here catching up with friends, family and work, and also celebrated a special occasion (more on that soon).
Indefinite Adventure around the web
We had just two appearances elsewhere in August.
- Zara asked me to contribute my favourite place for street art in the world. Of course, I had to choose Buenos Aires.
- Karolina and Patryk interviewed us
On My Gay Travel Guide
I am a regular contributor to My Gay Travel Guide, a travel blog aimed at LGBT travellers.
- I wrote about why I think gay men should care about the politics of vaginas today, in a world where they are being labelled as disgusting, dangerous and dirty
- Since it now directly affects me, I expressed what marriage equality in the UK means to me
- I discussed whether travel to Russia as an LGBT person was a good idea, and if I would do it myself now
On the blog
- We featured a guest post from Nicole of Vegan Nom Noms about an all vegan pop up market in New York
- I talked about four places in Spain that are on my wishlist
- Another vegan guide was added to our growing collection, this time for eating vegan in Vienna
- In another EFL related post, we featured four bloggers talking about how to get a job teaching as a volunteer around the world
- On a ‘cooking’ course, I learnt how to prepare several interesting raw vegan dishes at Bliss Cafe in Stockholm
- I wrote about our first ever experience of housesitting and included some useful guides
- We celebrated a special occasion with vegan afternoon tea in London, which I reviewed
How was your August?