What did we do in October?
At the beginning of the month, I finished up teaching in Austria for what will most likely be the last time this year, leaving my temporary home in Linz, then made my way to Berlin via Nuremberg to visit friends. In Berlin, Zab had already started going through the bureaucratic maze of paperwork relating to our move there, so I joined in. Zab’s birthday came and went without much ceremony, and then I popped away to teach briefly. At the end of the month, we were apart again, Zab back in the UK while I remained in Germany teaching.
Indefinite Adventure around the web
We popped up just once elsewhere in October.
- Peter and Lindsay asked us some thought-provoking questions in this interview
On My Gay Travel Guide
I am a regular contributor to My Gay Travel Guide, a travel blog aimed at LGBT travellers.
- I put together a list of my favourite gay-related podcasts, perfect for listening to while on the road
- There was some consideration of the advantages of travelling as a same sex couple
- Looking at smaller gay pride events around the world that are still growing, I wrote about three that need your support
On the blog
- To say goodbye to Austria (for now), I put together this guide on travelling the country by train
- Charlie of Charlie on Travel wrote a fascinating piece for us about the exotic fruits and vegetables of Costa Rica you might encounter on your travels there and how to use them in creative ways
- Now that I’m officially a resident here, I took a moment to look at the places I’d like to visit in Germany
- I looked at some of the reasons people choose to eat vegan
- After a week teaching English in Rostock, I gave you an insight into what a typical week for my as a blogger and teacher looks like
- Yet another vegan guide was added to our collection, this time for eating vegan in Rostock
- With the help of some teachers in the know, I put together this post on how to get a job teaching English in Latin America
How was your October?