People have different ideas of what they want from a relationship these days. Some people are looking for marriage, a family, and the full works. Others are simply looking for someone that they can have intimate times with but without having to commit to an actual relationship.
As a result of the latter, some people look for NSA relationships, which basically involve hooking up with other people for sexual activities but not for any form of actual relationship as such. While some people are perfectly happy with this type of relationship, it is not the right choice of everyone. This is why you need to make sure that you go in with your eyes open.
What you need to think about
Before entering into this type of relationship, you need to think about some of the potential issues that may arise. Some people go in blindly without thinking about issues such as these, which then causes problems later on down the line. Some of the possible issues that may arise include:
- You may want more: While you may think that an NSA relationship is right for you, it is important to think about what you will do if you develop feelings and want more with one of the people that you are seeing. This could cause problems in a number of ways, particularly if the other person wants to continue NSA relationships and does not want to commit to anything.
- It may affect your other relationships: You also need to consider the fact that this type of relationship could affect other important relationships in your life such as with friends and family members. A lot of people do not agree with this type of thing because they believe that sex should be about love and raising a family.
- It could affect you personally: Another thing you need to remember is that having this sort of relationship could affect you on a personal level. It is very easy to develop low levels of self esteem if you are involved in casual flings such as this, so you need to ensure that you are emotionally prepared.
- Your reputation could be at stake: You also need to think about what might happen if people find out that you are involved in NSA relationships. For instance, if your reputation was affected it could have an impact on your career and other areas of your life. So, you should consider whether this is something that you will be able to cope with.
- Health risks: Of course, there are also the health risks to consider. STDs are very common these days, and if you are sleeping with a variety of people and they are doing the same, the chances of contracting something are heightened considerably.
These are some of the key points that you need to think about if you are considering an NSA relationship. You can then determine whether it is something that will suit your personality, preferences, and lifestyle.