What did we do in September?
September was more or less all work, and we spent a lot of the month apart. I was in Austria for the entire month teaching English while Zab was mostly in Berlin organising things in preparation for our move there, while also working on his own projects.
On My Gay Travel Guide
I am a regular contributor to My Gay Travel Guide, a travel blog aimed at LGBT travellers.
- I rounded up what I think might be the four best countries to teach English abroad as an LGBT person
- Looking back at our experience there in August, I wrote about Stockholm Pride Week
- A campaign to battle homophobia in football (or soccer, if you prefer) caught my attention
- I wrote another movie review, this time for The Normal Heart, a film about the AIDS crisis in New York during the 1980s
On the blog
- Zab and I got married, which I talked about on our 600th day of travel
- Christine from Don’t Forget To Move wrote this fun story of finding a traditional vegan dish (boxbol) in rural Guatemala for us
- I wrote about our first proper holiday this year, Stockholm during the summer, which was a real treat
- To celebrate our ninth anniversary, we had a meal at Manna, a vegan restaurant in London, which I also reviewed
- Asking a number of other bloggers from around the world to contribute, I put together this post on how the world sees the UK and what stereotypes people have of my home country
- Another vegan guide was added to our growing collection, this time for eating vegan in Linz, Austria
How was your September?