What did we do in July?
At the beginning of July, we left Austria after I'd finished teaching for a short break to one of our favourite places: Český Krumlov. From there, we headed north to Prague for just one night before flying to London, where Zab needed to be for some work and bureaucracy reasons. After just a few days in our hometown, we took a train out to the west of England to visit my mother where we spent a lot of time cooking and taking walks in the Cotswolds. From there, we stopped briefly in Bristol to visit a good friend before flying to Berlin. We spent just a week in our (hopefully) soon-to-be new hometown then flew to Stockholm to visit Zab's best friend, his husband and their dog.
Indefinite Adventure around the web
We popped up just once elsewhere in July.
- Dale and Franca asked for our best tips for travelling as vegans as they prepare for Veganuary, a month of trying it out for themselves
On My Gay Travel Guide
This July, I became a regularly contributor to My Gay Travel Guide, a travel blog aimed at LGBT travellers.
- I reviewed the film Christopher and his Kind, the true story of a gay British novelist moving to Berlin in the 1930s
- After 10 months of travel there, I put together some tips for travelling in South America as a gay man
On the blog
- I put together our best tips on how to save money when visiting Berlin
- Adelina of Pack Me To, contributed an excellent guide to eating vegan in Vancouver
- After spending most of this past May living there, I asked is Schillerkiez Berlin's trendiest neighbourhood?
- Going back to Český Krumlov, we revisited possibly the best place to eat vegan there: Laibon
- I compiled all our best advice on travelling in South America into one post
- We reviewed another raw vegan restaurant, this time in Prague after our very short visit there
- Finally, I gave Český Krumlov its own short guide on our site
How was your July?