March was a good mix of work and travel, for us both, alone and together.
What did we do?
I finished up a teaching contract in Austria and travelled up to Berlin where Zab met me from London. We attended ITB and met up with several awesome wicked cool bloggers we've been following for a while, then spent a further week scoping out areas of Berlin we'd maybe like to live in.
In mid March, we separated again as Zab flew to Stockholm to visit some friends for a long weekend, and I travelled to Nuremberg to do the same. I then returned to Austria and started teaching again while Zab went back to London to renovate the kitchen in his house in order to sell it and work on his other projects.
What did we spend?
- Total spent for two people in March (31 days): £1363.66
- Average per person per day: £22
The pie chart:
Transport includes several flights (London-Berlin for Zab, Salzburg-Berlin for me, Berlin-Stockholm for Zab and Stockholm-London again for Zab), some longer distance overland journeys (Berlin-Nuremberg by bus for me and Nuremberg-Linz also for me) as well as train journeys within Austria for my work and some London public transport for Zab.
Accommodation was entirely our twelve nights in Berlin, where we rented an large studio apartment in Schöneberg. Apart from that we didn’t pay for accommodation as we were staying with friends, at home in London (in Zab’s case) or in hotels in Austria paid for by work (in my case).
On the blog
- In the first of my vegan guides, I put together how to eat vegan and eat well in Budapest
- Concluding our posts about our brief visit to Madrid last year, I wrote about our experience at Hammam Al Ándalus
- Getting to know more about the food scene in my native part of the world was fascinating as we did a food tour in East London
- In answer to the question “why would we visit Budapest in January?”, I wrote this post
- Our friend Casey from A Cruising Couple guest posted for us with a recipe for homemade granola from their recent trip to Costa Rica
- After being surprised with my teenage Austrian students' knowledge of European geography, I put this quiz of filling in a blank map of Europe to you
- I put together vegan guide to Graz, Austria's second city
How was your March?